Essential oils have been used for thousands of years because they are so potent and incredibly versatile! They date back to Egyptian times and have numerous Biblical references. Over the last few decades, they have made a come back, with more people demanding a more natural and effective way to support the optimum health of their family, and removing dangerous toxins from their house.
There are 3 main ways to use them:
- Aromatically: use a diffuser, place a drop into your hands and cup them around your nose and mouth, or simply smell straight from the bottle
- Topically: apply neat or diluted with a carrier oil onto a specific part of the body
- Internally: use a few drops in food and drink as flavouring or ingested as an oil-infused supplement~
How do I use essential oils?
I started with the Premium Starter Kit which is a collection of 11 of the most popular essential oils. A good choice given there are over 140 Young Living essential oils available in Australia alone! You can check out the full Young Living 2017 Product Guide here.
This starter kit offers you incredible value, and contains a variety of essential oils that you can use within your home and to support your family in achieving optimum health. Life is too short for anything else. It even includes an ultrasonic diffuser which is a such an easy way to start using your oils confidently!
Here are some examples of how I've incorporated essential oils into my family's life (pets included!)*:
Enhancing physical health
- Support a healthy immune and digestive system
- Help to relax muscles, and support healthy ligaments and joints+
- Energise your mind and body, and restore balance~
Inspire a positive emotional state
- Uplift your spirit and emotional wellbeing
- Aid mental concentration and focus
- Encourage deep relaxation and assist with sleep
Radiant skin and beauty
- Natural fragrance to smell amazing!
- Support ageing, dry and oily skin
- Promote glowing skin and hair
Healthy babies and kids
- Support throughout pregnancy, birth and postpartum
- Happy tummies and clear breathing
- Help to keep them calm and relaxed
Chemical free home
- Defend and protect against airborne bacteria
- Annoyance free outdoor living
- Easy and effective DIY cleaning products for the kitchen, bathroom, glass, mirrors and clothes!
Add flavour to food and drinks
- Use in food or drinks to enhance the flavour and give it a real POP!
- The oils include^: basil, bergamot, black pepper, clove, cinnamon bark, citrus fresh, coriander, dill, fennel, frankincense, ginger, grapefruit, jade lemon, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, lemon myrtle, lime, marjoram, nutmeg, ocotea, orange, oregano, peppermint, rose, rosemary, sage, spearmint, tangerine, tarragon, thyme
- For more information see my article An Exciting Way To Add Flavour
Now, because I'm not a doctor or medical health care professional, I cannot mention any kind of therapeutic benefits that these essential oils may provide, so I encourage you to please do your own research and educate yourself.
* This is my personal testimonial and experience only and these statements have not been evaluated by the TGA. It is not intended to be used as medical advice, or to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health professional’s advice.
+ Young Living has TGA approved oil-infused supplements to support your health and wellbeing.
~ Young Living has oil-infused nutritional products, which contain whole food-based nutrients, powerful antioxidants and pure essential oils, which cleanse and support every system of the body. e.g. NingXia Red, Ningxia Zyng and NingXia Nitro (Nitro is available to Australians via purchase from the U.S only)
^ Young Living essential oils are compliant with the labelling requirements of the Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) for the use of adding to food and beverages.