I absolutely love a good pesto dip, but unfortunately many of the store-bought varieties are full of inflammatory industrial seed/vegetable oils and typically contain other flavours and preservatives. So I needed to look at alternatives, and making your own is surprisingly easy!
I love this recipe because it also sneaks in some extra greens with the spinach or rocket, and adding some nuts to it gives it a beautiful texture and fills you up too.
- ½ cup fresh basil (you can also add in an extra drop of Young Living Basil Essential Oil to give it a real ZING!)
- ½ cup fresh spinach or rocket
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt and pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- Juice of ½ lemon or 4-5 drops of Young Living Lemon Essential Oil,
- Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor and mix until you get the desired consistency.