After we cut grains out of diet, the one grain that I really quite missed was rice. Unfortunately even this gluten-free grain doesn't sit well with me, so I was very excited when I came across cauliflower rice!
And what a great idea, it gives you the texture of rice, but at the same time you're easily getting another 1-2 servings of vegetables at the same time!
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ red capsicum
- ½ cauliflower
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup fresh basil or 1/2-1 drop of Young Living Basil Essential Oil
- 50g Biltong
- Olive oil
- Himalayan salt & pepper
- Finely chop the onion and garlic, and cut the capsicum into strips.
- Add a few tablespoons of olive oil into a pan on medium-high heat, and sauté the onion, garlic and capsicum for about 5 until the onion is translucent.
- Use a food processor or finely chop the cauliflower into the size of rice grains, roughly chop the sundried tomatoes, olives, spinach, fresh basil, and finely chop the Biltong into small pieces.
- Add the cauliflower, sundried tomatoes, olives, spinach, basil (or add the basil essential oil at the end of cooking) and Biltong to the pan for about 5-10 minutes until the cauliflower is slightly softened but still has a ‘rice’ texture. Add in salt and pepper to taste.