When I first learnt about this recipe - I was soooo excited!! If you have a chocolate or sweet craving then this is one seriously healthy version of it, just make sure you use raw cacao (versus the processed version which is cocoa) as cacao has number of benefits including:
- High amount of antioxidants to protect against free radicals
- A great plant-based source of iron
- High amount of magnesium and calcium
- A natural mood enhancer
And this easy recipe is perfect just in time for Mother’s Day, and what a cheeky way to sneak in some healthy avocado into your kids (just make sure you blend it well to make sure there is no evidence of green avocado chunks)!
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1/4 cup honey/maple syrup (or less depending on your desired sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Shredded/desiccated coconut to sprinkle on top
- Optional: add a few drops of your favourite Young Living Essential Oil, orange, tangerine, peppermint, ginger, lavender.
- Place all ingredients for the mousse into a food processor and mix together until you have a smooth and creamy mousse. For an extra POP you can also add in a few drops of your favourite essential oils, add 1 drop at a time until your desired taste is reached, a little goes a long way!
- Place into a bowl or glass to set in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of shredded/desiccated coconut. If you have an extra 5-10 minutes to quickly toast the coconut do this - you won’t be sorry!