This is my go-to snack that is both nutritious and satiating so they take care of those cravings and not leave you with more!
I love making up a batch of these, and then popping them into the fridge or freezer, and that way I'm always prepared for those times that I really need a little something to keep me going. And you can easily switch up the flavours of each batch, simply by using a different combination of nuts, or adding some different spices or essential oils.
- 1 cup nuts (e.g. An assortment of nuts such as hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, macadamias, walnuts)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1/3 cup shredded/desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop Pea or Whey protein powder (I love the ones from my friends at Vitality Nutrition)
- Coconut oil or water as needed
- Optional: add a few drops of your favourite Young Living Essential Oil, orange, tangerine, peppermint, ginger, lavender.
- Place nuts in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are coarsely chopped.
- Add dates, cacao, shredded coconut, cinnamon and protein powder and pulse again until the mixture sticks together by itself. It should be sticky enough that it will hold when pressed together. If not either add more dates, or add in a little coconut oil or water until you get the desired consistency. If adding in any essential oils, add 1 drop at a time until your desired taste is reached, a little goes a long way!
- Roll the mixture between your hands to form a ball and coat them with extra shredded/desiccated coconut.
- Place balls in a container and put in the fridge or freezer to set.